Current Event

I don’t watch the news or pay attention to drama that is irrelevant in my life. I don’t know what pops up on Instagram or what floats around Twitter, I don’t even have Twitter. However, I do happen to occasionally watch the news, when my dad turns it on and I’m not allowed to change the channel.

When I was watching the news, the R. Kelly case was on. It was the interview of him and Gayle King. The interview was about his side of the story of him not paying child support and young women accusing him of rape. Some people might have believed that he didn’t do any of it, until they watch the interview.

I was one of those people. I didn’t know anything about that case until that interview and my mom explained it to me. I didn’t think he had done any of it, just because I didn’t know if there was evidence to back it up, and I barely knew anything about it. Then I watched the interview.

He was crazy! I mean I understand that he was upset and he didn’t want to be guilty, even if he was, but he looked like he was gonna beat Gayle up. Which probably wasn’t the best thing for his case. He looked like a psychopath, which led me to believe that he did what he was accused of doing. I also think he was behind on paying child support because they put him in jail for the first time he didn’t pay, then while he was in jail he couldn’t work. If he wasn’t working then he still couldn’t pay child support because he wasn’t making any money.

In my opinion, I think R. Kelly did do the things he was accused of doing because in the videos that I’ve seen, he acted like a psychopath. However, I don’t have actual proof of that, and I don’t know everything about the case.

I will say, I do like some of his music though.

Thanks for taking the time to read my opinion on the case! Until my next blog post, bye!