Christmas Story House

Okay so let me give you a little background.

My dad hates his job. In order for my dad to quit his job, my mom had to get a higher paying job. My mom was an E.A. at Overall Creek Elementary, but it paid half as much compared to if you were a teacher. To make more money my mom went back to college, to get a degree, to be a teacher. My mom has now finished college and is a certified teacher at Overall. However, she hasn’t officially graduated yet.

The reason I gave you all of that background that may seem irrelevant, is because it means that at the end of April we get to go to Ohio to watch my mom graduate. Also while we’re there my dad wants to go to the Christmas Story house because that’s his favorite Christmas movie. We are going to go inside the Christmas Story house and take a tour of it. However, the house was already booked for the nights we are going to be there, so we couldn’t stay the night in the house. Instead, we will be staying, next door, in the “Bumpus” house.

I am really excited!! We’re going to be in the actual house where they filmed a movie! A Christmas movie, to be exact, which makes it even better!

When my dad told my grandpa we were going there he said, ” Well why would you wanna go there, it’s not Christmas.” Which I thought was funny.

Well, I just wanted to write about my trip that’s coming up because I’m pretty excited for it. Thanks for reading! Until my next blog, bye!